Shamrocks & Shells is Camino Society Ireland’s quarterly online magazine. Not only will it be filled with your stories and experiences from on and off the Camino, but it will provide you with up-to-date news and information to ensure that you have a safe Camino, while deriving the maximum enjoyment from your experience.
We aim to provide you with the following:
- News from events organised by Camino Society Ireland
- A series of articles regarding the practicalities of walking the Camino de Santiago – kit, packing lists, planning and what needs to be considered before taking your first step.
- Stories and experiences from those who have returned from the Camino.
- News from Santiago de Compostela
- A spotlight on lesser-known Camino routes
- Festivals and fiestas in Spain.
- Albergue recommendations.
- Book & Film reviews.
- Experiences from volunteers who have been amigos or who have assisted in albergues.
- News from pilgrim routes / walking routes in Ireland.
All previous issues will be saved on this website for your perusal going forward.
- your experience following a recent Camino,
- a review of a book, CD or a film,
- Practical advice on equipment and kit, or
- if you have a helpful tip that made your Camino that little bit easier, please let us know.
Please email your submissions to ShamrocksandShellseditor@gmail.com.