- Camino Society Ireland – Our Official Site giving you information about the services we provide, how to become a member or purchase a credencial.
- Camino Society on Instagram – Follow the Society on Instagram as we upload photos from the Camino and from events throughout the year.
- Camino Society on YouTube
- Camino Society on Twitter – Follow the Camino Society in 160 characters or less.
- The Confraternity of Saint James – Helping those from the UK get to Santiago.
- Australian Friends of the Camino
- American Pilgrims on the Camino
- The Canadian Company of Pilgrims
- The Camino in Hungary
- The Confraternity of Saint James of South Africa
- This is the website for the Amigos del Camino
- Camino de Santiago Forum – meet other pilgrims and ask any Camino related question you might have.
- Cathedral of Santiago
- The website for the Pilgrim Office in Santiago, including numbers of compostelas issued.
- RENFE – Spain’s train service
- ALSA – One of Spain’s many bus services
- Empresa Freire
- Conda S.A. – Buses from Madrid to Pamplona
- Rome2rio – Find out how to get from A to B. Very handy especially for finding transport links
- AENA – The Spanish Airport Authority – a haven of useful information from various airports around Spain.
- Wunderground – find out the weather for a particular region at a particular time.
- Meteo France for St Jean Pied de Port
- Aemet.es for Roncesvalles
- Gronze.com – Information about the many routes, including details of albergues and pensions (In Spanish)
- Wise Pilgrim Guides
- Godesalco Planner – This site can create an itinerary for you for a number of routes. (In Spanish)
- Mundicamino – Great information on all routes
- Eroski – Information and reviews of the many different albergues on each Camino (In Spanish)
- A free guide to the Camino Frances – by Gerald Kelly
- Safety hints and tips for the Camino – by JohnnieWalker Santiago
- 21 pilgrims share how they pack for the Camino de Santiago
Podcasts, YouTube Series & Blogs
- JohnnieWalker Santiago’s Blog
- Bob & Judy Logan’s Excellent Camino Adventure
- A Good Walk Unspoiled
- Dave Whitson’s podcast – Dave is the author of “The Northern Caminos” Guidebook
- My Camino – the podcast – A weekly podcast hosted by Australian pilgrim, Dan Mullins
- Society member Mike Timms’ recording of 5 pieces from RTE’s “The Living Word” in April 2017.
- The Irish and the Camino de Santiago: 800 years of history – This talk by Turlough O’Donnell marked the 800th anniversary of the connection between Dublin and the Camino de Santiago which was celebrated in 2016.
- Don’t Stop Walking – YouTube Series created by Andrew Suzuki, Don’t Stop Walking is a pilgrim’s guide to the Camino.
- SpanishforCamino.com – A handy way to practice your Spanish for the Camino
- CaminoSpanish.com – An online Spanish school catered to the specific needs of people doing the Camino de Santiago.
While in Spain or Portugal …
- Camino Companions – Reflection and Prayer following your Camino in Santiago
- El Camino Con Correos – how to have your luggage transported if you so wish.
- The Camino Chaplaincy blog.
- Terra Nova Pilgrim House – A place for pilgrims in Santiago. Based on Rua Nova.
- 20 things to do while in Santiago de Compostela
- A local’s guide to Porto in Portugal
- Google Map of Santiago de Compostela
- Cafe Casino – one of the more famous cafes in Santiago, based on Rúa do Vilar.
- Google Translate – Handy if you are unsure of certain Spanish words. Some phones allow you to speak into them and Google Translate will do the work for you.
- Money Matters – a few phrases to use in Spain when paying for goods or services
- Parish of St. James – Dublin 8
- Christchurch Cathedral – On the Celtic Camino in Dublin
- PilgrimPath.ie – Information about the various pilgrim paths within Ireland.
- Irishtrails.ie – Over 900 trails waiting to be explored.
- The Dublin to Galway Greenway – By the end of 2018, it will be possible to walk or cycle from Dublin to Athlone off road. Follow the Greenway’s progress.
- Toughsoles.ie – Carl and Ellie are walking 4,000km+ along all the National Waymarked Trails of Ireland.
- Kerry Camino – Follow the footsteps of St. Brendan along the Dingle Way.
- Pilgrimage in Medieval Ireland – pilgrim roads, rituals & destinations.
- Article on A Coruna, its history and pilgrimage from Ireland
General news articles…
- A tribute to Danny Sheehy RIP
- John Mattingly’s Camino Art on Flickr – A collection of superb Camino landscapes by pilgrim John Mattingly.
- Pilgrims rate albergues according to value – I’m sure most of these you have stayed in.
- Michael at Wise Pilgrim has just produced a large scale map of all the Caminos in Spain. Details here – this map can be seen in our Information Centre.
- Croagh Patrick Heritage Trail – A pilgrim walk from Balla to Murrisk
- 25 of the best walks in Ireland
- The Camino Voyage – Set for release in select cinemas on November 23rd
More to come….
Submit your own useful link by emailing ShamrocksandShellsEditor@gmail.com.